It's understandable, you need a little new energy in your healthy breakfast rotation. It's hard to always come up with exciting and easy breakfasts during the week. When you're sick of grabbing a yogurt as you run out the door or racing through your bowl of cereal only to be hungry an hour later, try this frittata and you'll find it's a keeper.
I love to pack exciting meals for my husband to enjoy during the work week. He works hard and endures a pretty stressful commute, so I feel like I'm helping to make his day more pleasant by packing delicious food that he enjoys but I know is nourishing and healthy.
- 2 eggs/serving (I made this for 8 servings)
- 1/2 lb of spicy Italian sausage
- 2 vibrant green bell peppers, chopped
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- Olive oil to drizzle
- Salt and pepper to taste
- *optional* cheese of your choice (I used a little cheddar)
- Heat a skillet to medium with a light drizzle of olive oil.
- Saute the sausage until browned and cooked through. Then add the pepper, onion and garlic with a little salt and pepper and cook through, about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add the eggs and whisk to combine. Then stir in sausage mixture.
- Preheat the over to 375F.
- Rub a baking dish with a little olive oil. Add the egg mixture to the baking dish. (I topped it with cheese at this point)
- Bake for about 25 minutes, until the top of golden brown and the egg is cooked through.
If you love it, share it! And if you'd like to receive more recipes just like this, subscribe to get subscriber-exclusive content sent right to your inbox.