These, highly customizable, asian style noodles are one of best things you can make for a quick, healthy and exciting lunch or dinner. You can easily throw in almost anything you have on hand, I used carrot, radish, red pepper and scallions but bok choy, greens, broccoli, sautéed onions, mushrooms, brussels sprouts, asparagus, green beans, etc. would taste great too. For those nights after a busy day, when you're exhausted and ravenous but have no idea what to make, keep this one in mind!
Recipe for 2 servings.
For the noodles:
- 2 portions of noodles (use any noodle, wheat angel hair pasta is pictured) (rice, soba, shirataki would be great)
- 2 portions of cooked shrimp (I sauteed in a bit of butter and soy sauce)
- Chopped peanuts, a good handful
- A couple sliced radish
- 2 carrots, peeled with a peeler
- Red pepper, sliced
- 1 scallion, sliced
- Serrano chili (spicy!) thinly sliced
- Toasted sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup low sodium Tamari
- 2 small cloves of garlic, minced fine
- A bunch of cilantro, chopped
- The juice of a lime (start with half and taste to see if it needs more, lime juiciness varies)
- Combine all dressing ingredients together and stir.
- Cook noodles as per cooking instructions.
- Toss cooked noodles with dressing.
- Then add all other ingredients, as you choose!